If you had been quite enthusiastic in setting up a pool at home, you should also be vigilant towards keeping it away from dirt, dust, and debris. Even if it is an above ground pool, ensuring maintenance on a regular basis would keep it clean, shiny and healthy to swim.
Now, the question is how to get on with the cleaning job. Well, there are plenty of pool vacuum cleaners available but believe it or not, vacuuming an above ground pool manually involves a lot of fun. However, we will discuss both the manual and the automatic process of pool cleaning.
For cleaning the pool manually, all you need are the right equipment that would get this job correctly. Also, you need to follow a step-by-step process that would fetch you the desired results without delay.
There are two ways through which you can vacuum an above ground pool manually:
• Taking help of garden hose, which is an inexpensive method.
• Utilizing the skimmer.
How to vacuum above ground pool with garden hose:
Equipment you need:
Before getting on with the step-by-step process, first let’s check the list of equipment you need to vacuum an above ground pool with garden hose:
- Garden hose
- Attach the vacuum’s female portion to the telescoping pole. If there are locking pins, use them to ensure more security
- Take the garden hose and secure it well to the threaded tip of the vacuum where the attachment has been done. Fix the other end to the water source.
- Attach the collection bag to the remaining hole of the vacuum attachment
-Take the garden hose vacuum and place it gently in the pool and make sure that the other hose end is well connected to its spigot.
-Fix the vacuum bag to the vacuum’s right opening.
-Make sure that the pool’s filtration system is turned off and water is turned on. Once done, immerse the vacuum right into the pool.
- Start moving your vacuum gently to and fro through the surface that would vacuum the pool well and eliminate all debris
In case the vacuum runs out of suction, simply pull out the vacuum and clear off the collection bag. Just do not rush and rather take time to clean up the entire pool by following the above step-by-step process.
Read More: How to adjust pool alkalinity?
How to Vacuum an Above Ground Pool through the Skimmer:
Equipment you need:
Here is the list of equipment required to vacuum an above ground pool by means of the skimmer:
- Pool vacuum head
- Vacuum hose
- Skimmer plate
- Backwash the pool filter thoroughly and clean up the pump basket, which is part of the pre-vacuum procedure.
- Switch off the pool circulation pump and turn off the valve located before the pump so that the pump suction force is diverted to the skimmer inlet.
- Fix the vacuum head to the tip of the telescoping pole.
- Fix the vacuum hose end taking along with the swivel cuff on to the hose attached on the vacuum head.
- Get rid of the skimmer lid, bring out the strainer basket and clean off all debris.
- Take the strainer basket and replace it in the skimmer.
- Get the stationery cuff located on the other end of the vacuum and connect it to the hose attached to the vacuum plate.
- Allow the vacuum head to immerse deep into the pool and grip the remaining end of the vacuum hose under water. This would fill up the vacuum hose with water.
- Switch on the pool circulation pump. If you don't know what's the proper run time of pool pump, you can find related info here.
- By taking help of the attached vacuum plate, allow the vacuum hose end to insert through the skimmer entry. Try to fit the vacuum plate and fix it down on just above the skimmer basket.
- Start vacuuming the pool and once the process is completed, switch off the circulation pump and get rid of the vacuum plate. Once done, remove all vacuumed debris from the strainer basket.
- Unlock the valve in order to pull water from the main drain.
- Do not forget to backwash the filter again in case the pressure readings exceed.
How to Clean an above Ground Pool by Using an Automatic Pool Vacuum:
One of the greatest benefits of automatic pool cleaners is their ability to clean the pool in quick time and with no effort at all. These pool cleaners are technically advanced and do the cleaning with absolute perfection.
Moreover, automatic pool vacuums are very easy to install and are maintained with no difficulty at all. Besides, automatic pool cleaners can clean a wide variety of debris that includes leaves, algae, twigs etc. If you are going to winterize your above ground pool, an automatic pool cleaner would be your best partner in doing the job with perfection.
One such automatic pool cleaner is Pool Rover S2 that comes equipped with brilliant features so as to clean the pool thoroughly.
Equipped with Hydro-Robotic technology, the automatic pool vacuum is allowed to propel through the pool along with the water’s powerful force. Furthermore, Pool Rover S2 comes with superior quality filtration mechanism that removes debris completely, making the pool cleaner and eliminating unwanted chemicals. In fact, it can filter up to more than 80 gallons of water per minute. This helps in removing more dirt and dust and cleans up the water like anything.
Pool Rover S2 comes with an easy to access filter bag that makes the filtration system better and finer. Its plug and play operation makes it quite user-friendly.
Apart from its powerful suction, it makes a great choice for all those who own above-ground pools. In terms of safety, this automatic pool cleaner is great for all types of dirt and surfaces. Even if you own a vinyl liner pool, this robotic pool cleaner would be an awesome choice.
Compact in size, Pool Rover S2 has dimensions of 17.5 x 18.3 x 11.9 inches that makes it quite easy to store. It is also light in weight as it is 22 pounds and does not find it difficult to carry. What also makes it stand out is its customizable axle pin that would enhance pool coverage and prevent tangling of cable. In other words, Pool Rover S2 is no doubt the best pool cleaner one can always consider for an above ground pool.
Now that you have an above ground pool and you are worried about how to clean it, an advanced robotic pool cleaner or even executing the manual process of pool vacuuming will do wonders.
All that matters is accumulating the right equipment for pool vacuuming and once done, you need to follow the step-by-step procedure. Whether you are going with the idea of vacuuming your pool with garden hose or through the skimmer, first check your pool size and ensure whether these ideas would fetch you the best results.