Last Updated on
Home is a place that should always remain clean, safe, and fresh, and if you want to make it possible, you need to choose the right cleaning equipment, like- a canister vacuum.
As an alternative to traditional upright vacuum, they offer a compact design with powerful suction, and plenty of accessories to reach tight corners where dust can tends to collect. Moreover, a bagless canister vacuum is more cost effective than a bagged one. That’s because you do not have to keep purchasing bags frequently.
Today we’re going to take a look at the best bagless canister vacuum cleaner on the market. We’ve broken down 6 different top rated models and discuss which ones will be best for you.
Review Of Best Bagless Canister Vacuum
1. Miele Blizzard CX1 Turbo: Best Overall
No matter how messy your rooms are, the Miele Blizzard CX1 will clean them all in quick time. Be it those hardwood floors or carpeting, this bagless canister vacuum cleaner with its 1200 W Vortex motor pulls off the most rigid dirt.
What is great about this product is its 3-stage filtration system that purifies the air and makes the ambiance as clean as possible. Designed to accomplish all types of cleaning jobs, Miele Blizzard CX1 comes equipped with an air-driven brush roll that is great for pet hair. Plus, its twister floor brush allows you to clean both hard and soft surfaces. Even, this floor brush is much wider to clean a larger area in quick time.
What has earned praises for Miele Blizzard CX1 is also its German engineering. Although it’s a bit heavy, the wheels allow the cleaner to glide off the floors smoothly and eliminates the dirt with absolute perfection. The canister has a convenient carrying handle so you can use it while cleaning stairs.
A huge round of applause goes to its maneuvering ability and its easy gripping techniques that make it a great pick for homeowners. This hand grip also incorporates remote control so you can easily control the suction power.
The telescoping wand is long enough that allows you to do above floor cleaning. Furthermore, Cleaning furniture and upholstery with the help of the crevice tool is quite effortless. In fact, this tool helps you clean the tightest corners and folds as well. However, it takes a bit of effort to adjust the Turbo brush, which is otherwise easy to extend
A noteworthy feature about this bagless canister vacuum cleaner is that it allows tangle-free vacuuming. The retractable cord it has is quite convenient to store and doesn’t form a clutter at the power outlet. ( Want to get a cordless vacuum for more convenience, have a look at our guide on shark cordless vacuum cleaner. )
Things to Consider:
1. Poor performance on carpets- According to a few reviewers, the carpet cleaning attachment is inefficient at picking up a lot of debris at a time. It sometimes clogged up with dog hairs and carpet fibers. ( Looking for a carpet cleaner then this buying guide will hep you further. )
2. Dust leakage – Allergy sufferers must be aware while operating Miele Blizzard CX1 since it has chances of dust leakage.
3. Brush – Quality of the brush provided is not up to the mark according to some users.
Miele Blizzard CX1 is a decent, smart and powerful vacuum cleaner that involves user-friendly operation, amazing attachments, and a great vortex motor. It is worth buying and does all types of cleaning in quick time.
2. Ovente Bagless Canister vacuum: Budget Friendly
Who said powerful vacuum cleaners are not available at affordable prices? Ovente Featherlite ST2010 is a budget-friendly canister vacuum that comes with the HEPA filter, purifying the air with no question.
Powered by a 1200-Watt motor, it delivers an impressive level of suction and cleans up the dirtiest surfaces with a wink of an eye. Users have even talked a lot about its low-noise that creates absolutely no disturbance while they are busy cleaning. Even those who have been victims of allergies have expressed satisfaction in using this cleaner as it eliminates more than 99% of airborne particles with power.
One of our favorite things about Ovente ST2010 is its bin that bears a transparent body. This really works great as you can see the amount of dirt filling in. In fact, this gives you an idea as to how well you are utilizing it. Moreover, this model features an LED light alert. This signals you the time you need to empty the dust container once it becomes full. Plus, the dust container is very easy to empty.
Despite being a budget vacuum, it comes with a lot of useful premium accessories like Bristle brush/Crevice Nozzle, a dusting brush, a telescoping wand and a pet fur removal tool so you can clean up height and in corners. The floor brush is designed for both hard and soft floors, while the crevice nozzle/bristle brush is great for cracks and corners. Even, it has a unique bendable brush that can clean up things in multiple angles.
User-friendliness too is a great aspect of Ovente ST2010. With the help of its step button, it’s so easy to turn off and on. The cable rewinder works automatically that keeps away chances to form a clutter. Furthermore, it makes maneuver so effortless due to its 360° hose swivel.
When it comes to the product reviews, users were agreed that this bagless vacuum works great on hard surfaces and oriental rugs. One reviewer said, "even if you are having hard floors, this vacuum cleaner will pick up cat litters in a jiffy". However, they also note that the vacuum is not ideal for carpets since it does not have any beater bar.
Things to Consider:
- Hose length – As per some users, the length of hose is a bit short that makes standing for hours a pain. However, an extension cord will fix this issue.
- Material quality – The body of the vacuum cleaner, according to some users, is made of cheap quality plastic.
Overall, The Ovente ST2010 should be your go to choice if you are looking for a budget friendly yet powerful canister vacuum without bags. Although it’s not great for carpets, it does a fantastic job on the hard floors.
3. Bissell Hard Floor Expert: Best for hardwood floor
Cleaning, when done effortlessly, results in extreme pleasure, and the Bissell 1547 will make such things possible. What lends it extra power and performance is its 15X multi-cyclonic technology with portable design.
Moreover, what makes it a great pick among homeowners is maneuverability that is really necessary for vacuum cleaners to move along with no interruptions. The extendable telescoping wand gets all the dirt out from under furniture and hard-to-reach areas like- drapes and ceilings.
One exclusive feature is its hard floor turbine foot with spinning brushes that polishes those hard surfaces as well as picks up pet hair and dirt so fast. Plus, its wheel made of rubber so it will not scratch on wooden floors.In fact, Bissell 1547 canister vacuum is designed for homes with hardwood floors.
Vacuum cleaner buyers are always worried about the weight as how heavier it would be to carry from one room to another. But with Bissell 1547, this is not at all an issue as it comes in a compact design. Most importantly, it weighs just 6.25 kg that makes it quite light while carrying.
The cord too is retractable, which means it rewinds automatically once you are done cleaning. Even it scores high in terms of installation, that is, it can be assembled and dissembled with no problems at all.
The empty dirt tank opens up easily right from the bottom and doesn’t allow the dust and dirt to scatter. In fact, the dirt container has a huge capacity that minimizes the chances of overflowing. Attachment tools come in good numbers alongside in order to make the cleaning more accurate.
Things to Consider:
- Plastic quality - The quality of plastic at the hose top is tends to fall apart after a few months of use.
- Bare flooring - Bissell 1547 is great for hardwood floors but doesn’t work fine on carpets unless it is low pile.
Accoding to the users, Bissell 1547 delivers amazing suction on hardwood floors. They found it is very lightweight and has a longer hose for cleaning stairs.
4. Dyson Big Ball: Best for multi surface cleaning
If you have been in search of a versatile vacuum cleaner that has left homeowners impressed in the recent past, the Dyson Multifloor canister vacuum cleaner will certainly share its name.
This vacuum is notable for its unique ball technology with self-adjusting cleaning head. Such a design lets you steer the vacuum in any direction to clean difficult areas.
Thanks to its two-tier radical cyclonic technology that stands highly responsible for its filtering capacity. As it comes equipped with HEPA filtration system, it eliminates all types of dirt and dust so easily. It comes with a 0.5-gallon dust cup that holds a fair amount of dirt. Even the length of the cord is 21 inches that is long enough to let the user clean larger rooms and stairs. It rewinds automatically for hassle-free storage when you are done with it.
As far as the accompanying accessories are concerned, there is a dusting brush, a crevice tool, a wand rotator tool and a stair tool that would altogether prove best for multi-surface cleaning. So, you can understand how efficient would be the cleaning with the help of such an awesome vacuum cleaner.
Things to Consider:
- Carpeting - Despite having great suction, it does not move smoothly on the carpet. Instead, it would work better on floors without carpets.
- Sound- Makes a bit of noise while operating and hence a bit annoying for its users.
- Vacuum head- The vacuum head is relatively smaller than other Dyson vacuum.
Suction is the most noteworthy aspect of this Dyson canister vacuum cleaner. No matter how hard the surfaces are, it cleans off everywhere so quickly.
5. Severin Germany : Best for allergy sufferers
Allergy sufferers who have struggling hard to find a vacuum cleaner will now be relieved to come across this bagless canister model from the house of Severin.
The first thing about it that deserves mention is the HEPA filter that purifies the blown-out air by around 99.95%. In fact, the air pulled in stays absolutely free of allergens, odors, dust miles etc. Such filtering efficiency makes this vacuum great for allergy sufferers.
Thanks to its telescoping tube that is 35 inches long, making it easier to reach the most difficult corners. In fact, the tube and the handle can be locked tightly and safely. Besides, it has an incredible suction force that does a massive job on hard floors owing to its multi-cyclone technology.
With a noise range within 77 decibel, this Severin bagless canister vacuum cleaner is pleasant to the ears. So, no matter how long you wish to use it for cleaning, it won’t leave you annoyed. Moreover, it has a sturdy handle that provides a softer grip and has been ergonomically designed to bring the user a pleasant experience.
As far as its durability goes, the Severin bagless canister vacuum cleaner has been made with the most high-quality materials. It has even undergone several breakage tests that makes this vacuum cleaner a preferred model among its contemporaries.
Things to Consider:
- Attachments- Some have not liked the attachment tools and have found them unfit for efficient cleaning.
- Carpeting- Not a fair pick for cleaning carpets. Pushing it smoothly while carpeting seems to be difficult.
The Severin bagless canister vacuum cleaner is high on energy-efficiency and there is no doubt about it. Even in terms of noise, it’s a relief to your ears and makes cleaning satisfactory for its impressive suction power.
6. Electrolux EL4021A: Best for minimal noise
Homes with multiple surfaces require vacuum cleaners with multi-surface capabilities, and Electrolux EL4021A does complete justice in this respect. Powerful yet quiet, versatile yet user-friendly, this technologically advanced cleaning device will now make your rooms fresher than ever.
Equipped with dual nozzles, it allows deep cleaning suction on hardwood floors and even carpets. Moreover, it has a speed control switch that makes it so convenient to operate. Its HEPA filter does magic in arresting almost up to 100% of airborne pollutants, thereby freshening your rooms to a good extent.
What Electrolux EL4021A stands best for minimal noise and disruption is its Silent Pro System. In comparison to other vacuums, it delivers a quitter performance, especially for its sound-softening powerhead. Furthermore, what gets it a tick again is its ability to move on multiple surfaces. Thanks to its 3-in-1 crevice tool along with other attachments that give users the pleasure to use it for cleaning stairs and furniture bottoms with no effort.
Talking about the design, Electrolux EL4021A comes in the shape of a trapezium while its dust cup lets you scan the vacuumed dirt intake. The box comprises a good number of attachments. Some of them include the turbo nozzle, telescopic wand, rug and hard floor nozzle and more. Lastly, what you will love is that it has separate attachments for cleaning wood floors.
Things to Consider:
- Rug beater- Excluding the carpet’s brand new areas, Electrolux EL4021A doesn’t make good use of its rug beater on other sections.
- Power cord- The length of the power cord is short that makes it inconvenient for users to operate it throughout their home.
Electrolux EL4021A comes with a superb air-filtration system that will never disappoint you with its cleaning ability. Worth for money, it is a good consideration for daily cleaning.
Why should You Get a Canister Vacuum Cleaner?
When it comes to cleaning homes, what becomes necessary is to get the most lightweight yet efficient appliance and get going. One such appliance is a canister vacuum cleaner that does the job of cleaning in the best possible manner.
Today, a lot of homeowners prefer using such vacuum cleaners due to their multiple benefits they bring on in their job role. So, if you are having plans to buy a canister vacuum cleaner, you must know what perks it would fetch you.
Let’s have a quick look at some of the advantages of using a canister vacuum cleaner:
- Easy to carry – This is the best thing about a canister vacuum. Portability is what makes these vacuum cleaners stand out. Believe it or not, you will just love carrying it with ease from one room to another.
- Excellent suction power – Cleaning, if done in quick time, feels good. In this respect, a canister vacuum cleaner delivers such powerful suction that it cleans up a large area so quickly. So, be it those rigid dirt or pet hair, all would get rid in no time.
- Compact to store – Canister vacuum cleaners are lightweight and compact. So, storing such a cleaner is not an issue at all, especially in terms of space.
- Quiet operation – Well, who can tolerate an ongoing vacuuming noise for long? Thanks to technology that makes canister vacuum cleaners quitter in comparison to others.
- Cleans hardwood floor – Canister vacuum are good fit for home with hardwood floors. Most of them come with special hardwood floor cleaning attachment.
So, keeping these factors in mind, you can always proceed to invest in a canister vacuum cleaner without any second thought.
Is a Canister Vacuum Better than an Upright?
We always tend to get rid of appliances that follow a traditional mode of operation. Rather, we look for appliances that are more modernized yet efficient and can give faster results. Likewise, there always runs a debate as to whether an upright vacuum cleaner should be considered or else a canister. Really, there is no clear winner of this debate.
Both are powerful and get the job done. But, one may be better fit for your home and lifestyle.
So, let’s find out some of the key differences between the two and find out how one outscores the other.
- Noise – Canister vacuum cleaners are way ahead of the conventional upright models in terms of noise. The former emits not more than 65 decibels while the latter emits around 75 decibels.
- User-friendliness – Both the canister and upright models are user-friendly. It’s just that the canister vacuums are low to the ground unlike the upright ones. So, this means that you need to bend a bit for using a canister vacuum cleaner, which seems a challenge at times.
- Storage – Canister vacuum cleaners come in compact shapes and are hence so easy to store taking lesser space. So, when it comes to storage, a canister vacuum cleaner will always take an upper hand over an upright model. However, some homeowners say that the upright ones are easier to store since they come with on-board storage attachments.
- Maneuverability– In terms of maneuverability, canister vacuum cleaners leave no question. Because of their low profile design, they can reach the most difficult corners without any effort, unlike the upright ones. With rectangular and big brush heads, upright vacuum cleaners do not really score well in this context.
- Cleaning Performance– Upright vacuums are a good choice for a home with wall-to-wall carpeting. The body of the upright stays in front of you as you move so that you can cover a lot of ground quickly with minimum bending. On the other hand, a canister vacuum works great on a hardwood floor.
How to Choose the Best Bagless Canister Vacuum: A Buying Guide
No matter how knowledgeable you are about a canister vacuum cleaner, you need to know those little things about it prior to making a purchase. To be more precise, it would depend on how you want to use it for meeting your needs. Although there are plenty of models in the market, you need to pick the right one that can bring you the desired results without any complaint.
Well, there are several factors to consider before you head on to buy a bagless canister vacuum cleaner. Let’s take a quick look at these:
- How versatile it is– The canister vacuum has to be a lot versatile as per its functionality. It must be able to reach the difficult corners of a room, clean a large section in quick time and must comprise long cords for minimizing the hassle of carrying it frequently. Also, people look for multiple height settings so that you can clean the carpeted areas or your hardwood floor with ease.
- How efficiently it works – The efficiency of a bagless canister vacuum cleaner depends largely on its suction strength. The higher the power, the more the suction, and the more the suction, the better the cleaning. In other words, the engine power of such vacuum cleaners is important that would determine how strongly it can clean up things in no time.
- How light it is – If regular cleaning is what you are willing to do with a canister vacuum cleaner, you have to consider its weight by all means. The lighter the cleaner, the better it is. Imagine carrying a heavyweight vacuum cleaner for hours and the stress you will have on your hands. In contrast, go for a lightweight cleaner that would make it easier for you to move it through the corners and other sections of your home.
- How quiet it is – Nosier appliances are always a disadvantage for a peaceful home. This is a mistake that is common among homeowners who end up buying upright vacuums. If you are expecting no noise from a vacuum cleaner, it’s a canister that would do the job better. With time, many canister vacuum cleaner manufacturers have brought noise-free models that are proving great for households.
- What attachments are included – Being a user, you need to keep in mind all sorts of cleaning to be done for your home. This is a big reason why you must check the assortments of tools as that would let you know what type of cleaning you can make it possible with the model. For instance, you need to get rid of pet hairs off the furniture and upholstery. Accordingly, you must have those tools ready to get the cleaning done.
So, you see it’s not really challenging in choosing the best bagless canister vacuum cleaner. Just keep these points in mind and proceed with the deal.
So, you see how vacuuming can turn out to be a pleasure for you with these exceptional models. However, what needs to be done first is sorting out your cleaning needs. Once you do it, nothing would seem to be challenging in picking up the right model for your home. Bring the best bagless canister vacuum today and give those messy corners of your home a new look.